How to Download The Last of Us Part 2 on PC
The Last of Us Part 2 is one of the most acclaimed and anticipated video games of all time. It is a sequel to the 2013 masterpiece, The Last of Us, which tells the story of Joel and Ellie, two survivors of a post-apocalyptic world ravaged by a fungal infection that turns humans into zombie-like creatures. The Last of Us Part 2 continues their journey five years later, as they face new threats, enemies, and moral dilemmas in a brutal and unforgiving world.
The game was released exclusively for the PlayStation 4 in June 2020, and received critical acclaim for its graphics, gameplay, story, characters, and themes. It also won several awards, including Game of the Year at The Game Awards 2020. However, many PC gamers have been wondering if they can play this amazing game on their platform of choice. After all, playing The Last of Us Part 2 on PC would offer several advantages, such as higher resolution, faster frame rate, better performance, more customization options, and more.
Unfortunately, there is no official way to download The Last of Us Part 2 on PC as of now. Sony has not announced any plans to port the game to PC, and Naughty Dog, the developer of the game, has not confirmed or denied any rumors about it. However, that does not mean that there is no hope for PC gamers who want to experience this masterpiece. There are some unofficial methods that can allow you to play The Last of Us Part 2 on PC, but they come with some challenges and limitations. In this article, we will explore three possible methods to download The Last of Us Part 2 on PC, and weigh their pros and cons.
Method 1: PlayStation Now
PlayStation Now is a cloud gaming service that allows you to stream hundreds of PlayStation games on your PC or other devices. You can access PlayStation Now with a monthly or annual subscription fee, and play games from PS4, PS3, and PS2 libraries. You do not need to download or install anything on your PC, as long as you have a stable internet connection and a compatible controller.
The good news is that starting from January 2023, you can play The Last of Us Part 2 on PlayStation Now until January 2024. This means that you can stream the game on your PC without having to buy a PS4 or the game itself. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Go to the official PlayStation Now website and sign up for an account or log in if you already have one.
- Choose a subscription plan that suits your budget and preferences. You can choose from a 7-day free trial, a 1-month plan for $9.99, a 3-month plan for $24.99, or a 12-month plan for $59.99.
- Download and install the PlayStation Now app on your PC from this link.
- Launch the app and sign in with your PlayStation Network account.
- Connect a compatible controller to your PC via USB or Bluetooth. You can use a DualShock 4, a DualSense, or an Xbox controller.
- Search for The Last of Us Part 2 in the app and click on the play button to start streaming the game on your PC.
The pros of this method are:
- You do not need to buy a PS4 or the game itself, which can save you a lot of money.
- You do not need to worry about storage space or installation time, as the game is streamed from the cloud.
- You can play the game on any PC that meets the minimum requirements for PlayStation Now, which are not very demanding.
The cons of this method are:
- You need a fast and stable internet connection to stream the game smoothly, preferably with a speed of at least 15 Mbps.
- You may experience some lag, latency, or compression issues depending on your network quality and location.
- You may not be able to enjoy the full graphics and performance potential of the game, as it is limited by the streaming quality and resolution.
- You need to have an active PlayStation Now subscription to play the game, which means you cannot play it offline or after January 2024.
Method 2: PS4 Emulator
A PS4 emulator is a software that mimics the functionality of a PS4 console on your PC. It allows you to run PS4 games on your PC by using your PC’s hardware and resources. However, PS4 emulation is still in its early stages and there are not many reliable and functional PS4 emulators available. The most popular one is called Orbital, which is an open-source project that aims to create a fully working PS4 emulator for PC.
However, Orbital is still under development and it is not ready for public use yet. It can only boot some PS4 games, but it cannot run them properly. It also requires a lot of technical knowledge and skills to set up and use. Therefore, we do not recommend using Orbital or any other PS4 emulator to play The Last of Us Part 2 on PC at this point. However, if you are curious and adventurous, you can try to follow these steps:
- Download and install Orbital from its GitHub page. You will also need to download some additional files and dependencies, such as BIOS, firmware, drivers, etc.
- Extract the Orbital files to a folder on your PC and run the Orbital.exe file as administrator.
- Configure the settings and options according to your PC’s specifications and preferences. You will need a powerful PC with at least 16 GB of RAM, an Intel Core i7 processor, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card.
- Insert a PS4 disc of The Last of Us Part 2 into your PC’s disc drive or mount an ISO file of the game on your PC.
- Select the game from the Orbital menu and click on the start button to launch the game on your PC.
The pros of this method are:
- You can potentially play The Last of Us Part 2 on PC with better graphics and performance than on PS4, depending on your PC’s capabilities.
- You do not need an internet connection or a subscription fee to play the game, as long as you have a copy of the game disc or ISO file.
The cons of this method are:
- You may encounter many errors, bugs, crashes, or glitches while trying to run the game on your PC, as the emulator is not fully functional or stable yet.
- You may need to tweak and adjust many settings and options to make the game run smoothly and properly on your PC, which can be complicated and time-consuming.
- You may violate some legal and ethical issues by using an emulator and a pirated copy of the game, as Sony and Naughty Dog may not approve of this practice.
Method 3: Wait for the official PC port
The third and final method to play The Last of Us Part 2 on PC is to wait for the official PC port to be released by Sony and Naughty Dog. This may sound like a long shot, but there are some rumors and evidence that suggest that this may happen sooner or later. For instance:
- Sony has recently ported some of its exclusive PS4 games to PC, such as Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone, which indicates that they are open to expanding their audience and revenue by bringing more games to PC.
- Naughty Dog has posted a job listing for a graphics programmer with experience in PC development, which implies that they are working on something related to PC gaming.
- The Last of Us Part 2 has been rated for PC by the ESRB, which is the official rating board for video games in North America. This could be a mistake or a placeholder, but it could also be a hint of a possible PC release.
Of course, these are not definitive proofs that The Last of Us Part 2 is coming to PC, but they are enough to spark some hope and speculation among PC gamers. However, even if the game is eventually ported to PC, we do not know when that will happen. It could take months or years before we see an official announcement or release date. Therefore, this method requires a lot of patience and optimism from PC gamers who want to play The Last of Us Part 2 on their platform.
The pros of this method are:
- You can play The Last of Us Part 2 on PC with the best graphics and performance possible, as the game will be optimized and enhanced for PC hardware and software.
- You can support the developers and publishers by buying the game legally and legitimately, which can encourage them to make more games for PC in the future.
The cons of this method are:
- You have to wait for an indefinite period of time before you can play The Last of Us Part 2 on PC, which can be frustrating and disappointing.
- You may miss out on the hype and excitement of playing the game when it is new and relevant, as the game may lose some of its appeal and impact over time.
The Last of Us Part 2 is a phenomenal game that deserves to be played by as many people as possible. However, as of now, there is no official way to download The Last of Us Part 2 on PC. The only options available are to use PlayStation Now, a PS4 emulator, or wait for the official PC port. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, and none of them are perfect or guaranteed. Therefore, you have to decide which method suits your needs and preferences best.
If you want to play The Last of Us Part 2 on PC as soon as possible without spending too much money or breaking any laws, you may want to try PlayStation Now. However, you will need a fast internet connection and a subscription fee, and you will not be able to enjoy the full potential of the game’s graphics and performance.
If you want to play The Last of Us Part 2 on PC with better graphics and performance than on PS4, you may want to try a PS4 emulator. However, you will need a powerful PC and a lot of technical skills, and you will face many errors and issues while running the game. You will also risk violating some legal and ethical boundaries by using an emulator and a pirated copy of the game.
If you want to play The Last of Us Part 2 on PC with the best graphics and performance possible while supporting the developers and publishers, you may want to wait for the official PC port. However, you will need a lot of patience and optimism, as there is no guarantee that the game will ever come to PC. You will also miss out on the hype and excitement of playing the game when it is new and relevant.
Ultimately, the choice is yours. We hope that this article has helped you understand the different methods to download The Last of Us Part 2 on PC, and their pros and cons. We also hope that you will be able to play this amazing game on your PC soon. Thank you for reading and please share your thoughts and feedback with us in the comments section below.
Here are some frequently asked questions about The Last of Us Part 2 on PC:
What are the system requirements for The Last of Us Part 2 on PC?
There are no official system requirements for The Last of Us Part 2 on PC, as the game is not officially available for PC yet. However, based on the system requirements for PlayStation Now and PS4 emulation, we can estimate that you will need at least the following specifications to play the game on PC:
|CPU: Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5||CPU: Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7|
|RAM: 8 GB||RAM: 16 GB|
|GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 or AMD Radeon RX 560||GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 or AMD Radeon RX Vega 64|
|Storage: 100 GB||Storage: 100 GB|
|OS: Windows 10 64-bit||OS: Windows 10 64-bit|
|Internet: 15 Mbps or higher||Internet: 25 Mbps or higher|
Is The Last of Us Part 2 worth playing on PC?
The Last of Us Part 2 is worth playing on any platform, as it is a masterpiece of storytelling, gameplay, and art. However, playing it on PC can offer some additional benefits, such as:
- Better graphics and performance, as you can adjust the resolution, frame rate, and other settings to suit your preferences and capabilities.
- More customization options, as you can use different controllers, keyboards, mice, and other peripherals to enhance your gaming experience.
- More accessibility features, as you can use various software and hardware tools to make the game more comfortable and enjoyable for you.
- More modding possibilities, as you can use various mods and tweaks to change or improve the game’s aspects, such as graphics, gameplay, content, etc.
Can I play The Last of Us Part 2 online with other players on PC?
The Last of Us Part 2 does not have a multiplayer mode yet, so you cannot play it online with other players on any platform. However, Naughty Dog has confirmed that they are working on a standalone multiplayer project based on The Last of Us Part 2, which will be released separately from the main game. This project is expected to have online co-op and competitive modes, similar to the Factions mode from the first game. However, there is no official release date or platform confirmation for this project yet. Therefore, we do not know if it will be available for PC or not.
How long is The Last of Us Part 2 gameplay?
The Last of Us Part 2 gameplay length depends on your playstyle, difficulty level, and exploration habits. However, on average, it takes about 25 to 30 hours to complete the main story of the game. If you want to collect all the collectibles, trophies, and secrets in the game, it may take you up to 40 hours or more.
Will there be a sequel to The Last of Us Part 2?
The Last of Us Part 2 does not have a definitive ending, as it leaves some room for interpretation and speculation. Therefore, there is a possibility that Naughty Dog may make a sequel to The Last of Us Part 2 in the future. However, there is no official confirmation or announcement about this yet. Naughty Dog has stated that they are currently focused on other projects, such as the multiplayer project based on The Last of Us Part 2 and a remake of the first game. Therefore, we do not know if they will ever return to the world of The Last of Us Part 2 or not.