Dragon Ball GT Final Bout APK: A Retro Fighting Game for Android
If you are a fan of the Dragon Ball franchise, you might remember a PlayStation game called Dragon Ball GT Final Bout. It was released in 1997 and it was the first Dragon Ball game to be rendered in full 3D. It was also the first Dragon Ball game to be released in North America, which would not happen again until 2002. The game features characters from both Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT, as well as some original ones. It has three game modes: Battle mode, Tournament mode, and Build-up mode. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Dragon Ball GT Final Bout APK, a modified version of the game that you can play on your Android device.
What is Dragon Ball GT Final Bout?
A brief introduction to the game and its features
Dragon Ball GT Final Bout is a fighting game that plays out entirely in two dimensions but features 3D environments and characters. The game has 17 playable characters, each with their own unique moves and abilities. Some of them are Super Saiyan transformations or alternate versions of existing characters, such as Super Saiyan 4 Goku or Super Baby Vegeta. The game also has a final boss that can be unlocked by beating the game on hard difficulty.
The game has three game modes to choose from:
- Battle mode: This is the standard mode where you can fight against the CPU or another player. You can choose from different difficulty levels and stages.
- Tournament mode: This is where you can enter a tournament with up to eight players. You can either play against the CPU or other players. The winner of the tournament gets a trophy and a special ending.
- Build-up mode: This is a unique mode where you can choose one character and train them to exceed their normal limits. You can increase their stats, learn new moves, and customize their appearance. You can also use your built-up character to fight against other players’ built-up characters.
How to download and install the APK file
If you want to play Dragon Ball GT Final Bout on your Android device, you will need to download and install an APK file. An APK file is an Android application package that contains all the files and data needed to run an app. However, since this is a modified version of the original game, you will not find it on the official Google Play Store. Instead, you will have to download it from a third-party source.
Here are the steps to download and install Dragon Ball GT Final Bout APK:
- Go to [this link](^1^) and download the APK file. It is about 31 MB in size.
- Before installing the APK file, make sure that you have enabled the option to install apps from unknown sources on your device. To do this, go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources and toggle it on.
- Locate the downloaded APK file on your device and tap on it to start the installation process. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- After the installation is complete, open the app and enjoy playing Dragon Ball GT Final Bout on your Android device.
How to play the game and use the controls
To play Dragon Ball GT Final Bout, you will need a PlayStation emulator app on your device. An emulator app is a software that mimics the functions of another device or system. In this case, it will allow Continuing the article:
you to run PlayStation games on your Android device. There are many PlayStation emulator apps available on the Google Play Store, but we recommend using ePSXe as it is one of the most popular and reliable ones. It has a high compatibility rate, good speed, accurate sound, and support for hardware controllers. It also has some advanced features like OpenGL graphics, split-screen mode, and save states.
Here are the steps to play Dragon Ball GT Final Bout with ePSXe:
- Download and install ePSXe from the Google Play Store. It costs $3.75, but it is worth it for the quality and performance.
- Launch ePSXe and grant it the necessary permissions to access your storage and media.
- Tap on the Run Game option and locate the Dragon Ball GT Final Bout APK file that you installed earlier. Tap on it to load the game.
- Once the game starts, you can use the on-screen buttons to control your character. You can also customize the layout and size of the buttons in the settings menu.
- If you have a hardware controller, you can connect it to your device via Bluetooth or USB and use it to play the game. You can also map the buttons in the settings menu.
Why should you play Dragon Ball GT Final Bout?
The pros and cons of the game
Dragon Ball GT Final Bout is not a perfect game by any means. It has its flaws and limitations, especially compared to modern fighting games. However, it also has its charms and merits that make it worth playing. Here are some of the pros and cons of the game:
|– It is one of the few Dragon Ball games that features characters from both Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT.||– The graphics are dated and pixelated, even with the OpenGL enhancement.|
|– It has a unique Build-up mode that lets you create your own custom character and improve their stats and skills.||– The gameplay is slow and clunky, with stiff animations and unresponsive controls.|
|– It has a decent soundtrack that matches the mood and atmosphere of the game.||– The voice acting is poor and inconsistent, with some characters speaking in English and some in Japanese.|
|– It has a high replay value, with multiple game modes, difficulty levels, characters, and endings.||– The AI is either too easy or too hard, with no balanced option.|
The nostalgic appeal of the game
One of the main reasons why you should play Dragon Ball GT Final Bout is because of its nostalgic appeal. If you grew up watching Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT on TV, or playing PlayStation games in your childhood, this game will bring back a lot of memories. You will be able to relive some of the epic battles and scenes from the anime, such as Goku vs Vegeta, Gohan vs Cell, or Goku vs Baby. You will also be able to hear some of the iconic sound effects and music from the series, such as the Kamehameha or Cha-La Head-Cha-La. Playing this game will make you feel like a kid again, enjoying one of your favorite franchises.
The fan service and variety of the game
Another reason why you should play Dragon Ball GT Final Bout is because of its fan service and variety. The game offers a lot of content and options for fans of the series, such as different characters, stages, modes, and endings. You will be able to play as some of your favorite heroes and villains from both Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT, such as Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Piccolo, Frieza, Cell, Buu, Baby, Super 17, Omega Shenron, and more. You will also be able to unlock some hidden characters that are not part of the main story line, such as Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta or Goku Jr. You will also be able to fight in different locations from the anime, such as Namek, Earth, Hell, or Space. You will also be able to choose from different game modes that offer different challenges and rewards, such as Battle mode, Tournament mode, or Build-up mode. You will also be able to see different endings depending on which character you use and which mode you play.
Tips and tricks for Dragon Ball GT Final Bout
How to unlock all characters and modes
If you want to Continuing the article:
unlock all the characters and modes in Dragon Ball GT Final Bout, you will have to complete certain tasks and requirements. Here are some of the ways to do that:
- To unlock Super Saiyan 4 Goku, you have to beat the game on hard difficulty with Goku.
- To unlock Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta, you have to beat the game on hard difficulty with Vegeta.
- To unlock Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, you have to beat the game on hard difficulty with both Goku and Vegeta.
- To unlock Goku Jr., you have to beat the game on hard difficulty with any character.
- To unlock Super Baby Vegeta, you have to beat the game on hard difficulty with Baby.
- To unlock the final boss, you have to beat the game on hard difficulty with any character and then press L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 at the character selection screen.
- To unlock Build-up mode, you have to beat the game on normal difficulty with any character.
How to use special moves and combos
Each character in Dragon Ball GT Final Bout has their own special moves and combos that can deal more damage and stun the opponent. To use them, you have to input certain button combinations and directions. Here are some of the common ones:
- Kamehameha: Press down, down-forward, forward + punch. This is a powerful energy blast that can be charged and aimed.
- Final Flash: Press down, down-back, back + punch. This is a massive energy beam that can pierce through anything.
- Big Bang Attack: Press forward, down, down-forward + punch. This is a large energy ball that explodes on impact.
- Dragon Fist: Press forward, down, down-forward + kick. This is a close-range attack that unleashes a dragon-shaped aura.
- Masenko: Press back, down-back, down, down-forward, forward + punch. This is a yellow energy wave that can be fired quickly.
- Solar Flare: Press back + punch + kick. This is a flash of light that blinds the opponent temporarily.
To perform combos, you have to chain together different attacks in a sequence. You can use punches, kicks, throws, dashes, and special moves to create combos. The longer the combo, the more damage you will deal. However, you also have to watch out for your opponent’s counterattacks and blocks. Here are some examples of combos:
- Goku: Punch, punch, kick, kick, Kamehameha.
- Vegeta: Kick, kick, punch, punch, Final Flash.
- Trunks: Punch, kick, punch, kick, Burning Attack.
- Piccolo: Kick, punch, kick, punch, Special Beam Cannon.
- Frieza: Punch, kick, punch, kick, Death Ball.
- Cell: Kick, punch, kick, punch, Kamehameha.
How to win battles and tournaments
To win battles and tournaments in Dragon Ball GT Final Bout, you have to deplete your opponent’s health bar before they deplete yours. You can do this by using attacks, Continuing the article:
special moves, combos, and items. You can also use your energy bar to power up your attacks or transform into a stronger form. However, you also have to avoid your opponent’s attacks, blocks, and counters. You can use your guard, dodge, and teleport to defend yourself. You can also use your ki bar to perform super moves or ultimate attacks that can deal massive damage.
Here are some tips and tricks to win battles and tournaments:
- Know your character’s strengths and weaknesses. Each character has different stats, moves, and abilities that suit different play styles and situations. For example, Goku is a balanced character that can adapt to any scenario, while Frieza is a fast and agile character that can overwhelm the opponent with speed and projectiles.
- Use your energy and ki wisely. Your energy bar determines how much damage you can deal and how much you can power up. Your ki bar determines how many super moves or ultimate attacks you can perform. You can replenish your energy by resting or using items, and you can replenish your ki by charging or attacking. However, you also have to watch out for your opponent’s attacks while doing so.
- Use items strategically. Items are objects that you can find or buy in the game that can help you in battle. They can heal you, boost your stats, restore your energy or ki, or inflict damage or status effects on your opponent. However, you can only carry a limited number of items per battle, and you have to use them at the right time and place.
- Use the environment to your advantage. The game features different stages that have different layouts, obstacles, and hazards. You can use them to hide, ambush, or trap your opponent. You can also destroy them to create new paths or openings. However, you also have to be careful not to get hit by them yourself.
- Practice and learn from your mistakes. The game has a learning curve that requires you to master the controls, mechanics, and strategies of the game. You can practice in Battle mode or Build-up mode to improve your skills and knowledge. You can also watch replays of your battles or tournaments to analyze your performance and identify your errors.
A summary of the main points and a recommendation
Dragon Ball GT Final Bout is a retro fighting game that lets you play as characters from both Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT on your Android device. It has three game modes: Battle mode, Tournament mode, and Build-up mode. It also has 17 playable characters, each with their own special moves and combos. The game has its pros and cons, but it also has a nostalgic appeal and a fan service that make it worth playing. If you are looking for a fun and challenging game that will remind you of the old days of Dragon Ball, you should give Dragon Ball GT Final Bout APK a try.
Q: Is Dragon Ball GT Final Bout APK safe to download and install?
A: Yes, as long as you download it from a trusted source like [this one]. However, you should always scan any APK file with an antivirus app before installing it on your device.
Q: Do I need an internet connection to play Dragon Ball GT Final Bout APK?
A: No, you do not need an internet connection to play the game. However, you will need an internet connection to download the APK file and the emulator app.
Q: Can I play Dragon Ball GT Final Bout APK with other players online?
A: No, the game does not support online multiplayer. You can only play with another player locally using the same device or two devices connected via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
Q: How do I save my progress in Dragon Ball GT Final Bout APK?
A: The game has an auto-save feature that saves your progress every time you complete a battle or a tournament. You can also use the save state feature of the emulator app to save your progress at any point in the game.
Q: How do I change the language of the game?
A: The game has two language options: English and Japanese. You can change the language in the options menu of the game.