How to Play Pokémon GO on PC with APK
Do you love Pokémon GO but wish you could play it on a bigger screen, with better controls, and more features? If so, you might be interested in learning how to play Pokémon GO on PC with APK. In this article, we will show you how to do that step by step, and also give you some tips and tricks to optimize your gameplay experience on PC.
What is Pokémon GO and why play it on PC?
Pokémon GO is a popular augmented reality (AR) game that lets you explore the real world and catch virtual creatures called Pokémon. It was developed by Niantic, Inc. and released in 2016. Since then, it has become a global phenomenon, with over 1 billion downloads and millions of active players worldwide.
Pokémon GO is designed for mobile devices, but some players prefer to play it on PC for various reasons. Some of the benefits of playing Pokémon GO on PC are:
The benefits of playing Pokémon GO on PC
- You can enjoy a larger screen and better graphics, which can enhance your immersion and enjoyment.
- You can use a keyboard, mouse, or gamepad to control your character and actions, which can be more comfortable and precise than tapping or swiping on a touchscreen.
- You can access more productivity apps and tools on your computer, such as browsers, chat apps, video editors, etc., which can help you multitask and communicate with other players more easily.
- You can save battery life and data usage on your mobile device, which can be drained quickly by playing Pokémon GO.
The challenges of playing Pokémon GO on PC
However, playing Pokémon GO on PC also comes with some challenges. Some of the main ones are:
- You need to download and install an APK file of Pokémon GO, which is not officially supported by Niantic or Google Play Store. This means you need to find a reliable source for the APK file, and also update it manually whenever there is a new version.
- You need to use an emulator software to run the APK file on your computer. An emulator is a program that mimics the Android operating system and allows you to run Android apps on your PC. However, not all emulators are compatible with Pokémon GO, and some may have performance or security issues.
- You need to spoof your location and movement to play Pokémon GO on PC. Since Pokémon GO relies on GPS data to determine your location and movement in the real world, you need to trick the game into thinking that you are actually moving around. This can be done by using a fake GPS app or a VPN service, but it also carries the risk of getting banned by Niantic if detected.
As you can see, playing Pokémon GO on PC is not as simple as downloading and installing an app from the Play Store. You need to follow some steps carefully and use some tools wisely. In the next section, we will show you how to do that in detail.
How to download and install Pokémon GO APK on PC
To play Pokémon GO on PC, you need two things: an APK file of Pokémon GO and an emulator software that can run it. Here are the steps to get them:
What is an APK file and how to get it
An APK file is a package file that contains all the files and data needed to install an Android app on your device. You can think of it as a zip file that contains everything you need to run an app. However, you cannot open an APK file directly on your PC. You need an emulator software to do that.
To get the APK file of Pokémon GO, you have two options: you can either download it from a third-party website or extract it from your mobile device. Here are the pros and cons of each option:
|Download from a third-party website||– Easy and fast
– No need to connect your mobile device to your PC
|– Risky and unreliable
– May contain malware or viruses
– May not be updated or compatible with the latest version of Pokémon GO
|Extract from your mobile device||– Safe and reliable
– Guaranteed to be updated and compatible with the latest version of Pokémon GO
|– Difficult and time-consuming
– Need to connect your mobile device to your PC
– Need to use a file manager app or a backup app to extract the APK file
The choice is up to you, but we recommend the second option for security and compatibility reasons. To extract the APK file from your mobile device, you need to follow these steps:
- Connect your mobile device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your mobile device. This will allow you to access the files and data on your device from your PC. To do this, go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number seven times > Go back to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and install a file manager app or a backup app on your mobile device. We recommend using ES File Explorer or APK Extractor for this purpose.
- Open the file manager app or the backup app on your mobile device and locate the Pokémon GO app. Tap and hold on the app icon and select Share or Backup. Choose a location to save the APK file on your device or send it to your PC via email or cloud storage.
- Copy or download the APK file to your PC and save it in a folder that you can easily access.
Congratulations, you have successfully obtained the APK file of Pokémon GO. Now, you need to install an emulator software on your PC to run it.
What is an emulator and how to choose one
An emulator is a software that mimics the Android operating system and allows you to run Android apps on your PC. There are many emulators available online, but not all of them are compatible with Pokémon GO. Some of the factors that you need to consider when choosing an emulator are:
- The performance and stability of the emulator. You want an emulator that can run Pokémon GO smoothly and without crashes or errors.
- The security and privacy of the emulator. You want an emulator that does not contain malware or spyware, and that does not collect or share your personal data without your consent.
- The features and functions of the emulator. You want an emulator that has advanced features and functions that can enhance your gameplay experience, such as keyboard mapping, macro recording, script editing, multi-instance, etc.
- The compatibility and support of the emulator. You want an emulator that is compatible with the latest version of Pokémon GO and that has regular updates and customer support.
Based on these criteria, we recommend using BlueStacks as your emulator software. BlueStacks is one of the most popular and trusted emulators in the market, with over 500 million users worldwide. It has high performance and stability, strong security and privacy, rich features and functions, and excellent compatibility and support. It also has a dedicated mode for playing Pokémon GO, which makes it easier and more convenient for you.
To download and install BlueStacks on your PC, follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of BlueStacks at https://www.bluestacks.com/ and click on the Download button.
- Run the installer file that you downloaded and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Launch BlueStacks on your PC and sign in with your Google account. This will allow you to access the Google Play Store and other Google services on BlueStacks.
- Go to the Settings menu on BlueStacks and adjust the preferences according to your needs. For example, you can change the language, resolution, performance mode, etc.
You have successfully installed BlueStacks on your PC. Now, you need to éstop and collect items without having to tap on the screen. You can record a macro that taps on the Pokéstop, swipes the screen, and closes the window, and assign it to a key or button. Then, you can press that key or button whenever you are near a Pokéstop and collect items automatically.
These are just some of the examples of how you can use macros and scripts for playing Pokémon GO on PC. However, you need to be careful and use them wisely, as they may violate the terms of service of Niantic and result in a ban if detected. To avoid this, you should use them sparingly and randomly, and avoid using them in crowded or suspicious areas.
To create and use macros and scripts on BlueStacks, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu on BlueStacks and click on the Game Controls tab. Here you can see the Macro Recorder and the Script Editor icons.
- To create a macro, click on the Macro Recorder icon and press the Record button. Perform the actions that you want to record on the screen, such as tapping, swiping, etc. Press the Stop button when you are done. Give your macro a name and a description, and assign it to a key or button.
- To create a script, click on the Script Editor icon and write the code that you want to execute on the screen, using the Lua programming language. You can also import or export scripts from other sources. Give your script a name and a description, and assign it to a key or button.
- To use a macro or a script, press the key or button that you assigned to it while playing Pokémon GO on BlueStacks. You can also edit or delete your macros or scripts from the Settings menu.
You have successfully created and used macros and scripts for playing Pokémon GO on PC. Now, you can enjoy a more efficient and convenient gameplay experience.
How to access different regions and events
One of the disadvantages of playing Pokémon GO on PC is that you are limited by your PC’s location data, which may not match your real location or your desired location. This means you may miss out on some regions and events that are exclusive to certain areas or countries. For example, you may not be able to catch some regional Pokémon, participate in some special events, or join some local raids.
To overcome this limitation, you need to spoof your location and movement on BlueStacks. This means you need to trick Pokémon GO into thinking that you are in a different location than your actual one. This can be done by using a fake GPS app or a VPN service. Here are some steps to do that:
- Download and install a fake GPS app or a VPN service on your PC. We recommend using Fake GPS Location or NordVPN for this purpose.
- Launch the fake GPS app or the VPN service on your PC and select a location that you want to spoof. For example, if you want to catch Kangaskhan in Australia, select Sydney as your location.
- Go to the Settings menu on BlueStacks and click on the Location tab. Select the Custom Location mode and enter the coordinates of the location that you spoofed. For example, if you selected Sydney as your location, enter -33.8688 for latitude and 151.2093 for longitude.
- Launch Pokémon GO on BlueStacks and check if your location has changed to the one that you spoofed. You should be able to see different Pokémon, Pokéstops, gyms, raids, etc., depending on your spoofed location.
You have successfully spoofed your location and movement for playing Pokémon GO on PC. Now, you can access different regions and events that are otherwise unavailable to you.
Pokémon GO is an amazing game that lets you explore the real world and catch virtual creatures called Pokémon. However, if you want to play it on PC for various reasons, such as enjoying a larger screen, better controls and more features, you need to follow some steps and use some tools carefully and wisely. In this article, we showed you how to play Pokémon GO on PC with APK, and also gave you some tips and tricks to optimize your gameplay experience on PC.
We hope you found this article helpful and informative. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, please feel free to share them with us in the comment section below. We would love to hear from you and help you out.
Now, go ahead and enjoy catching Pokémon on your PC. Happy hunting!
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about playing Pokémon GO on PC with APK:
There is no definitive answer to this question, as different countries and regions may have different laws and regulations regarding the use of APK files and emulators. However, in general, it is not illegal to play Pokémon GO on PC with APK, as long as you do not use it for malicious or fraudulent purposes, such as hacking, cheating, or stealing. However, it is against the terms of service of Niantic and Google Play Store, which means you may face some consequences if detected, such as getting banned or suspended from the game.
It depends on the source and quality of the APK file and the emulator software that you use. If you download the APK file from a reliable source, such as your own mobile device or a reputable website, and if you use a trusted emulator software, such as BlueStacks, then it is relatively safe to play Pokémon GO on PC with APK. However, if you download the APK file from an unknown or shady source, or if you use an untested or infected emulator software, then it is risky and unsafe to play Pokémon GO on PC with APK. You may expose your PC and your personal data to malware or viruses, or you may compromise your game account and your privacy.
Since you are not using the official app from the Google Play Store, you cannot update Pokémon GO automatically on your PC with APK. You need to update it manually whenever there is a new version available. To do that, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the website where you downloaded the APK file of Pokémon GO and check if there is a new version available. If there is, download it to your PC and save it in a folder that you can easily access.
- Go to the folder where you saved the new APK file of Pokémon GO on your PC and right-click on it. Select Open with > BlueStacks APK Installer. This will update the app on BlueStacks.
- Launch Pokémon GO on BlueStacks and check if the app has been updated successfully.
Niantic has a strict policy against the use of third-party apps and tools that may alter or interfere with the gameplay experience of Pokémon GO. This includes using APK files and emulators to play Pokémon GO on PC. If Niantic detects that you are doing so, they may ban or suspend your game account without warning. To avoid this, you should follow these tips:
- Do not use any hacks or cheats that may give you an unfair advantage over other players, such as unlimited coins, rare candies, master balls, etc.
- Do not spoof your location or movement too frequently or too drastically, as this may raise suspicion and trigger Niantic’s anti-cheat system.
- Do not play in crowded or suspicious areas where there may be many other players or Niantic staff members who may report you.
- Do not brag or boast about playing Pokémon GO on PC with APK on social media or public forums, as this may attract unwanted attention and scrutiny.
If you are looking for some other ways to play Pokémon GO on PC without using an APK file or an emulator software, here are some of the best alternatives that you can try:
- You can use a remote desktop app or a screen mirroring app to access your mobile device’s screen from your PC. This way, you can play Pokémon GO on your mobile device while viewing it on your PC’s screen. Some of the apps that you can use for this purpose are TeamViewer, AirDroid, Vysor, etc.
- You can use a virtual machine software to create a virtual Android device on your PC. This way you can run Pokémon GO on the virtual Android device as if it were a real one. Some of the software that you can use for this purpose are VirtualBox, VMware, NoxPlayer, etc.
- You can use a streaming service to play Pokémon GO on your PC. This way, you can access a cloud-based Android device that runs Pokémon GO and stream it to your PC’s screen. Some of the services that you can use for this purpose are Vortex, Shadow, GeForce Now, etc.
These are some of the best alternatives to playing Pokémon GO on PC with APK. However, they may also have some drawbacks, such as requiring a stable internet connection, a subscription fee, or a limited availability. You should weigh the pros and cons of each option and choose the one that suits you best.