Robert Planel Trumpet Concerto PDF Free: A Guide for Trumpet Lovers
If you are a trumpet player who loves classical music, you might want to check out Robert Planel Trumpet Concerto PDF Free. This is a digital version of the Concerto for Trumpet and String Orchestra by Robert Planel, a French composer who lived from 1908 to 1994. In this article, we will explain what Robert Planel Trumpet Concerto PDF Free is, what it covers, and how you can download it for free.
What is Robert Planel Trumpet Concerto PDF Free?
Robert Planel Trumpet Concerto PDF Free is a digital version of the Concerto for Trumpet and String Orchestra by Robert Planel. This is a three-movement work that was composed in 1954 and premiered in 1955 by Maurice André, a famous French trumpeter. The work is dedicated to André and his teacher Raymond Sabarich.
The concerto is one of the most popular and challenging works for trumpet and string orchestra in the repertoire. It showcases the virtuosity and expressiveness of the trumpet soloist, as well as the lyrical and rhythmic qualities of the string orchestra. The concerto has a neoclassical style, with influences from jazz and folk music.
The concerto consists of three movements:
- The first movement, Allegro moderato, is in sonata form. It begins with a lively theme played by the strings, followed by a contrasting lyrical theme played by the trumpet. The development section explores various modulations and combinations of the themes. The recapitulation returns to the original themes, with some variations. The movement ends with a brilliant coda.
- The second movement, Andante cantabile, is in ternary form. It begins with a melancholic theme played by the trumpet, accompanied by muted strings. The middle section introduces a new theme played by the strings, with some counterpoint from the trumpet. The first theme returns in the final section, with some embellishments from the trumpet. The movement ends with a soft cadence.
- The third movement, Allegro vivace, is in rondo form. It begins with a playful theme played by the trumpet, followed by a contrasting theme played by the strings. The trumpet theme returns several times, alternating with different episodes that feature various techniques and effects from the trumpet, such as glissandi, trills, mutes, and flutter tonguing. The movement ends with a fast and energetic coda.
What does Robert Planel Trumpet Concerto PDF Free cover?
Robert Planel Trumpet Concerto PDF Free covers all the parts and scores of the concerto. It includes:
- The solo trumpet part, which is written in C and uses both B-flat and C trumpets.
- The violin 1 part, which has 13 pages.
- The violin 2 part, which has 13 pages.
- The viola part, which has 11 pages.
- The cello part, which has 11 pages.
- The double bass part, which has 9 pages.
- The full score, which has 35 pages.
The PDF file also has some annotations and markings that indicate the tempo, dynamics, articulation, phrasing, and expression of the music.
How to download Robert Planel Trumpet Concerto PDF Free?
If you are interested in downloading Robert Planel Trumpet Concerto PDF Free, you can find it online on various websites. However, you should be careful about the quality and legality of the files you download. Some websites may offer low-quality scans or pirated copies of the music that may violate the copyright of the composer or publisher.
One of the websites that offers a high-quality and legal version of Robert Planel Trumpet Concerto PDF Free is nkoda. nkoda is a digital sheet music app that offers access to over 100k publisher editions with one subscription. You can access the file by clicking on this link: Concerto pour trompette et cordes Sheet Music by Robert Planel | nkoda. You will need to create an account and start a 7-day free trial to view or download the file. You can also print or share the file with others.
If you want to buy a physical copy of Concerto for Trumpet and String Orchestra by Robert Planel, you can find it on Wise Music Classical or other online music stores. The price may vary depending on the availability and condition of the music.